Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach? Being forced to pay for pricey insurance premiums can empty your savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing cost estimates is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Virginia insurance shoppers could save an average of about 45% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach
The best way we recommend to get low-cost car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Virginia. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Find a Virginia Beach insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest cost out there.
You need to get comparison quotes periodically because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But Virginia car owners must know how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view companies who offer online Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Virginia, follow this link.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach utilizes the fact most insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as your job, an estimate of your credit level, if a SR-22 is needed, and if the car is leased. The rating information is then sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Virginia Beach.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Virginia. To locate cheap auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Virginia Beach
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Teenage driver insurance prices – Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Type of car determines base rates – The performance of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Double check that your policy states annual mileage, because it can save money. An improperly rated 500 can cost quite a bit.
- Stay claim-free and reduce insurance rates – Auto insurance companies in Virginia award lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Good drivers pay the best premiums – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. People who have flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More stress means more cost – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other jobs such as professors, students and performers get better rates.
Loss probability for a Fiat 500 – Insurance companies study historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below outlines the loss history for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Virginia Beach.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Virginia Beach may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Virginia Beach who may provide competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1899 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Virginia Beach exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Insurance in Virginia serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Virginia Beach, buying insurance is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your 500, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Fiat 500 but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
You just learned many ideas to reduce Fiat 500 insurance premium rates online in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to finding affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Virginia. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Virginia Beach. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)