How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for lower-priced Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach? Paying cheaper rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach may be hard for beginners to online price comparisons. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a ton of work to find more affordable rates on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most consumers in Virginia have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in America could pocket almost $859 a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Best companies for competitive Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Virginia
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Get affordable rates on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach with these ten discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get better insurance rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used C-Max Hybrid may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach car insurance but check with your company.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Virginia Beach may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, anti-theft, multi-car, online quote, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, military active duty, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and student away at school.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia, click here.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
How to find a good Virginia car insurance company
Finding a good quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Virginia Beach. The information in the next section could help you pick which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your C-Max Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/20 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $20,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Virginia requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Virginia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Virginia limits are 25/50/20), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like surgery, prosthetic devices, pain medications, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
A little work can save a LOT of money
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to find cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)