Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies in Virginia Beach. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for tips to get affordable coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Sierra 3500HD coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who rate shop once a year are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $865 annually compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re reading this, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Don’t overlook these GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Sierra 3500HD insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in Virginia Beach, click here.
Data for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance
The data table displayed below outlines a range of rate quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Being more informed about how rate quotes are formulated is important for you to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$192||$328||$242||$14||$72||$848||$71|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$192||$378||$302||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$328||$242||$14||$72||$848||$71|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$328||$242||$14||$72||$848||$71|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$378||$302||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$378||$302||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$328||$242||$14||$72||$848||$71|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$378||$302||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$378||$302||$18||$90||$980||$82|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$378||$242||$14||$72||$918||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can modify auto insurance rates significantly.
Cautious drivers save money
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How often do they review coverages?
Virginia Beach auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Virginia Beach may be either independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide you with price quotes.
- Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
- Matt Abbott – State Farm Insurance Agent
4646 Princess Anne Rd #103 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1999 – View Map
- Charlie Hendrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 523-4115 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lovas Insurance Agency Inc
244 Mustang Trail #1 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-8310 – View Map
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married may cut your premiums on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Where you call home is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Virginia give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect rating for your Sierra 3500HD may be costing you.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC Sierra 3500HD has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Virginia is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Virginia Beach auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. The company information shown below may help you pick which companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Cover all your bases
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
We’ve covered many ideas to compare GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)