It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably buy a new policy because they have good chances of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Infiniti M37 insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re reading this, understanding how to find and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
Really, the only way to get more affordable Infiniti M37 insurance in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that insure vehicles in Virginia. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more information to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. The intent of this article is to tell you the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Smart shoppers just have to understand how to compare prices from multiple carriers.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some insurance providers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Infiniti M37 insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, new move discount, newly married, good student, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
If you need low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in your state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia Beach, click here.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Virginia Beach, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Virginia?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Virginia Beach car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Virginia Beach agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that can give you price quote information.
- Jessica Hester – State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 481-1840 – View Map
- Ed Barnhart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5660 Indian River Rd #126 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0322 – View Map
- Jane Peak – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N Great Neck Rd #220 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 340-8060 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 200-3183 – View Map
- The Coelho insurance agency
800 Seahawk Cir #142 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 437-9647 – View Map
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hail damage, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Single drivers may get higher costs – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Infiniti each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your M37 may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Low stress occupation equals lower prices – Occupations such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Why you need car insurance
Even though Virginia Beach M37 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Infiniti has a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Infiniti at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Virginia Beach overpays more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Infiniti M37 insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Infiniti M37 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
The cheapest Infiniti M37 insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)