Beginners to comparison shopping online may find locating cheap Patriot insurance is harder than they anticipated.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Virginia Beach is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. But Virginia consumers need to have an understanding of how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost companies for Jeep Patriot insurance
The companies shown below offer quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To buy cheap car insurance in VA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Patriot models. Having insight into how policy rates are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$110||$188||$248||$14||$74||$634||$53|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$110||$188||$248||$14||$74||$634||$53|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$126||$230||$248||$14||$74||$692||$58|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$126||$230||$248||$14||$74||$692||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Virginia Beach location which can raise or lower price quotes considerably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Jeep Patriot premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below compares Jeep Patriot insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Patriot replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $300 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Do you qualify for discounts on Jeep Patriot insurance in Virginia Beach?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Patriot annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Virginia, click here.
Eight factors that affect insurance costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are many additional coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Where you live can modify costs – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Females tend to be lower risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Patriot auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Jeep Patriot earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for prior coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Virginia department of motor vehicles.
Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Jeep Patriot insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Younger drivers pay high rates – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Claims statistics for a Jeep Patriot – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Patriot vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting quotes from local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. A good agent in Virginia Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Virginia Beach can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
- Sharon Lynch – State Farm Insurance Agent
3617 Dam Neck Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 430-9000 – View Map
- Matt Abbott – State Farm Insurance Agent
4646 Princess Anne Rd #103 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1999 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Wilson Insurance Agency, Inc
1127 Crystal Lake Dr – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 491-8953 – View Map
- Cheeks Insurance Agency
4968 Euclid Rd e – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 309-1850 – View Map
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Jeep Patriot insurance auto insurance rates online in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jeep Patriot rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Jeep Patriot insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Jeep Patriot insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Virginia Beach.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)