If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Virginia Beach is to compare prices annually from different companies in Virginia. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Niro insurance. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around annually will most likely switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Virginia Beach is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Online Discount – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Virginia Beach auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for good student, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, accident-free, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, easy pay, and business or organization.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, defensive driver, student driver, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Virginia Beach. To find companies that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia, click this link.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find the best car insurance in Virginia, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Good agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Virginia Beach?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Virginia Beach can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Tim Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
700 Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 499-0550 – View Map
- Jessica Hester – State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 481-1840 – View Map
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
- Wilson Insurance Agency, Inc
1127 Crystal Lake Dr – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 491-8953 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to shop for Kia Niro insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)