Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance policyholders in Virginia kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by up to $860 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Virginia Beach is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Virginia. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional tips to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Corolla iM coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Finding affordable coverage in Virginia Beach is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just need to know the fastest way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Companies offering Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Virginia
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in VA, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Toyota Corolla iM Insurance
Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- How do annual miles impact premiums? – The more you drive your Toyota in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Corolla iM is throwing money out the window.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Consolidate policies and save – The majority of car insurance companies will give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Virginia Beach Corolla iM insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Virginia cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Never have car insurance lapses – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Stress out and pay more – Jobs such as military generals, business owners, and stock brokers generally have higher average rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like farmers, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Discounts can help lower rates on Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Virginia Beach
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Virginia Beach car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Online Discount – Certain car insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Virginia Beach. To locate insurers with significant discounts in Virginia, click here.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Virginia Beach?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
What type of Virginia Beach car insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Virginia Beach agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Toyota Corolla iM insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Toyota Corolla iM insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Toyota Corolla iM rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Virginia Beach can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)