When looking for more affordable insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the number of insurance sources available to you? Virginia consumers have so many sources to choose from that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find lower prices on Toyota Corolla insurance. Virginia Beach is a wonderful place to live, but expensive insurance makes it impossible to affordably insure vehicles.
Steps to buying cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance in Virginia Beach
Truthfully, the best way to get budget Toyota Corolla insurance in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Virginia.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more information to get affordable coverage and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Corolla insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Toyota Corolla insurance is the reason you're here, knowing how to shop for coverages can save money and time.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons every six months because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Toyota Corolla insurance in Virginia Beach a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Best companies for cheap Toyota Corolla insurance in Virginia
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find the best auto insurance in VA, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rates and other information
The premium information shown next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Toyota Corolla models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Toyota Corolla insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Toyota Corolla auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender in Virginia Beach
The illustration below compares Toyota Corolla car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Early and Save - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Corolla insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Corolla can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Corolla auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, business and professional, distant student, switch companies, homeowner, early shopping, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, multi-policy, and newly retired.
If you want inexpensive Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered in every state.
Insurance agents near you
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When finding a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Virginia Beach can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 - Virginia Beach, VA 23455 - (757) 671-1111 - View Map
- The Coelho insurance agency
800 Seahawk Cir #142 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 437-9647 - View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 200-3183 - View Map
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Stephanie Langkil - State Farm Insurance Agent
5441 Virginia Beach Blvd #115 - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 499-3411 - View Map
- Frank Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Laskin Rd #102 - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 428-3101 - View Map
- Charlie Hendrick - State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 - Virginia Beach, VA 23464 - (757) 523-4115 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember it's your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Car insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability insurance - Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/20 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/20 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage - Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Corolla caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Corolla in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/20 in Virginia), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Budget-friendly insurance in Virginia Beach can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to find cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance in Virginia Beach
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Corolla insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Don't forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)