A recent car insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save approximately 46.5% each year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Virginia Beach. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
This information will familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and also save some money in the process If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. But Virginia car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Virginia Beach takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you lease or own, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, any included safety features, and your education level. The rating information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Virginia. To find cheap auto insurance in Virginia, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Virginia Beach insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up early. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used e-Golf can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premiums.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, new move discount, good student, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include mature driver, student away at school, multi-policy, air bags, safe driver, safe vehicle, and group or association.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is required in Virginia but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your e-Golf, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Best car insurance in Virginia Beach
Ending up with the right auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Virginia Beach. The ranking data shown below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Local Virginia Beach insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the quote a firm price?