The best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Virginia. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to prevent high prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to find companies and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding quotes for the most affordable auto insurance policy in Virginia Beach is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Virginia car owners must know how insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want cheap car insurance in Virginia, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates in Virginia Beach
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Virginia Beach.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Virginia Beach are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you free insurance rate quotes.
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
- Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
- Paula Rosati – State Farm Insurance Agent
4221 Pleasant Valley Rd #108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 467-4300 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How are claims handled?
- Where are claims handled?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes most of the major factors that factor into your rate level.
Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. A few examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Always keep your auto insurance in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Virginia DMV.
Men pay higher premiums – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Keep the miles off and save – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Golf SportWagen can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy states the right rating data.
Why you need quality insurance for your Volkswagen vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Virginia Beach, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Golf SportWagen with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Virginia auto insurance company
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Virginia Beach. The company information shown below may help you select which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
More quotes mean more insurance savings
When you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased both online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)