The best way to find affordable Jaguar XJ insurance in Virginia Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Virginia.
First, try to understand coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Virginia Beach could save an average of almost 45% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. But Virginia vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for competitive Jaguar XJ insurance in Virginia
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To get cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Jaguar XJ insurance analysis
The data table below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Jaguar XJ models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$354||$270||$16||$80||$880||$73|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$390||$270||$16||$80||$930||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XJ replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
Younger drivers cost more – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Your gender affects rates – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The example below compares Jaguar XJ premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – A driver’s credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Jaguar XJ by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Your address can impact price – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Certain jobs raise rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and performers get better rates.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Jaguar XJ insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Jaguar XJ Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach may earn a discount on auto insurance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XJ car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, switch companies, and multi-car.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, online quote, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, good student, military active duty, seat belt use, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate includes discounts for defensive driver, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, safe driver, teenSMART discount, early signing, and anti-theft.
If you want cheaper Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Virginia Beach who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Braun Agency Inc
6062 Indian River Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2060 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mike McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 721-3300 – View Map
- Frank Owens – State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Laskin Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 428-3101 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – John Williams
5269 Greenwich Rd #200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 456-9440 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Virginia Beach?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Virginia Beach?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my Jaguar XJ covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Be persistent and save
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Discount Jaguar XJ insurance is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Jaguar XJ rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)