If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance prices is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved about $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in Virginia Beach is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$932||$466||$78|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$862||$431||$72|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,020||$510||$85|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Learn how to buy insurance cheaper
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most larger companies afford lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Virginia give discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Insurance rates and age – Beginning drivers in Virginia are known to be more careless when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Best auto insurance company in Virginia Beach
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Virginia. The rank data shown next can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your car insurance auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)