The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Virginia. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Virginia Beach consumers could save $500 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Low Cost Volkswagen insurance price quotes in Virginia Beach
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Never let your coverage expire – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Better drivers pay less – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, save driver, new car, IntelliDrive, early quote, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, multi-car, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
If you want low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Virginia Beach.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Virginia Beach.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The following are Virginia Beach car insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Farmers Insurance
5269 Greenwich Rd # 200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 456-9440 – View Map
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 460-6220 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Quote more to save more
Budget-conscious Volkswagen R32 insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia can be found at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)