Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Virginia could save an average of nearly 45% each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
Really, the only way to save money on auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers in Virginia Beach. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives the details to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheapest BMW X5 eDrive insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Just remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Virginia. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help to save on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Virginia Beach
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of companies who offer online BMW X5 eDrive insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Getting married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Only having one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you file a lot of claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Virginia provide lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW X5 eDrive by improving your credit score.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a good Virginia Beach insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Virginia Beach agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 426-2664 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Larry Akers – State Farm Insurance Agent
928 Diamond Springs Rd Ste 131 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 497-3853 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
5269 Greenwich Rd # 200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 456-9440 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Virginia?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Virginia Beach?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Does my BMW X5 eDrive qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Virginia Beach can be sourced from both online companies and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so get free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)