If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more details to help find cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Virginia Beach insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 45% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Virginia Beach
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Virginia Beach, VA. To get cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Nissan Pathfinder models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$192||$328||$258||$16||$78||$872||$73|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$222||$328||$258||$16||$78||$902||$75|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$222||$328||$258||$16||$78||$902||$75|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$222||$328||$258||$16||$78||$902||$75|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$250||$400||$258||$16||$78||$1,002||$84|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$250||$400||$258||$16||$78||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Virginia Beach location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below compares Nissan Pathfinder insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Pathfinder settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Insurance for Less
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Rates can be impacted by your employer – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as military personnel, business owners, and financial analysts tend to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work days. Other occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- Liability protection risk factors – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Getting married may earn you lower rates on insurance. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Virginia give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Pathfinder – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when determining insurance costs. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Pathfinder Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Virginia Beach insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How are they compensated?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you need to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
- Brett Pendergast – State Farm Insurance Agent
4388 Holland Road Ste. 110 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 499-6813 – View Map
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Guzman Insurance Agency Inc
1920 Centerville Turnpike Ste 97 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 479-0551 – View Map
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
If you feel you receive acceptable answers as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Pathfinder insurance, insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan Pathfinder but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistence will pay off
Cheap Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Virginia Beach auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to find lower-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia is available at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)