It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Virginia Beach is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare car insurance can save money and time.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Virginia.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for ideas to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Our goal is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and also pocket some savings But Virginia vehicle owners must learn how companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps locate a better price. Not every company provides online Virginia Beach Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Rates and other information
The coverage table shown next showcases different insurance costs for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Having a better idea how policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$386||$270||$16||$80||$946||$79|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$194||$446||$306||$18||$92||$1,056||$88|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$386||$270||$16||$80||$946||$79|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$216||$446||$270||$16||$80||$1,028||$86|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$446||$306||$18||$92||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$446||$306||$18||$92||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$446||$306||$18||$92||$1,078||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$216||$446||$270||$16||$80||$1,028||$86|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$504||$306||$18||$92||$1,136||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific Virginia Beach garaging location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 2500HD settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Virginia Beach Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- Save money by raising deductibles – The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Liability limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data is based on a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurers allow a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Better insurance rates for uninterrupted coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Virginia department of motor vehicles.
Your gender affects prices – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Silverado 2500HD may be wasting your money.
- Rates and your address – Having an address in a small town can save you money when talking about insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Virginia cities have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Do I need an agent?
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Virginia Beach who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Virginia Beach?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Virginia Beach that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
- Nicki Kopassis Insurance Agency Inc.
2433 N Landing Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 301-6397 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an provider that will properly insure your vehicles.
Find cheap rates by comparing often
Cheap Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Virginia Beach car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)