Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,200, Virginia drivers could save $548 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Chevy Silverado insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to lower rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Our objective is to teach you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Vehicle owners only have to learn the quickest method to shop for car insurance online.
Finding low cost Virginia Beach car insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take a few minutes to get quotes to see which company has cheaper Virginia Beach car insurance quotes.
The following companies provide free quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurance providers do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a slight reduction on a Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, mature driver, distant student, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-vehicle, military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, and driver training.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, good student, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, good student, defensive driving, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Rates and other information
The rate table shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$234||$280||$16||$84||$750||$63|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$234||$248||$14||$74||$706||$59|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$156||$284||$280||$16||$84||$820||$68|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$156||$284||$280||$16||$84||$820||$68|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$248||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$248||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$284||$280||$16||$84||$820||$68|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$284||$280||$16||$84||$820||$68|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$336||$280||$16||$84||$892||$74|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$336||$280||$16||$84||$892||$74|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$336||$280||$16||$84||$892||$74|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$336||$280||$16||$84||$892||$74|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$176||$386||$248||$14||$74||$898||$75|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$196||$386||$248||$14||$74||$918||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Silverado insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Virginia minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are agents in Virginia Beach that can give you comparison quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Mike McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 721-3300 – View Map
- Milt Rawles – State Farm Insurance Agent
5265 Providence Rd #200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 424-4656 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 426-2664 – View Map
Selecting a company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Virginia Beach?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my Chevy Silverado covered for flood damage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Chevy Silverado
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your Silverado from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Silverado to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, doctor visits, pain medications and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado.
Due to the fact that many Virginia drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Virginia limits are 25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/20 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $20,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Virginia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Lower rates by being persistent
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)