Unbelievable but true according to a study most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Virginia can cut their rates by up to $500 a year, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Virginia.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more ideas to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Quest coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find competitive Nissan Quest insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to local insurance agencies. Comparing Nissan Quest insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Quest, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Earn discounts on Virginia Beach car insurance
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Quest can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Quest insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach could qualify you for a break when getting a Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Virginia Beach.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What are good deductibles for a Nissan Quest?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Which auto insurance company is best in Virginia?
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Virginia Beach. The information shown below may help you analyze which insurers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies