It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a negative credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more ideas to get better rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of Virginia car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of roughly 47% each year, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Pricing the most affordable insurance policy in Virginia Beach is actually quite simple. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Consumers only need to know how to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Finding a lower price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take the time to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Pontiac Grand Prix insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Grand Prix insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, good student, payment discounts, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, mature driver, switch companies, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, DriveSense, Switch & Save, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, professional/association, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and location of vehicle.
If you want affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Virginia Beach.
Car insurance company ratings
Finding a high-quality company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Virginia. The ranking information below could help you select which providers to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Virginia Beach
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Cut prices and deter theft – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Safer cars save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Combine and save – Many insurance companies afford better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Keep policy claims to a minimum – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Virginia generally give the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Virginia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.