A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Virginia could save nearly 45% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Virginia.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these tips. This article’s intent is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Virginia car owners should learn how big insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Discounts can help to save on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Virginia Beach
Some providers do not list all their discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Forenza insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Virginia, click here.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Suzuki Forenza insurance in Virginia Beach is to know all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as distance driven, if it has an alarm system, which vehicles you own, and if you have an active license. Those rating factors is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To check Suzuki Forenza insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies provide quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Suzuki each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Forenza can result in significantly higher rates.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Suzuki. Some coverage claims would be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Virginia Beach that can give you free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
Why you need quality insurance for your Suzuki vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Suzuki Forenza in Virginia Beach, buying auto insurance is required in Virginia but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suzuki, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
More affordable car insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)