If you’re trying to find cheaper insurance online, are you baffled by the sheer number of car insurance companies in Virginia Beach? You have so many choices that it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest car insurance rates for Dodge Nitro insurance in Virginia Beach. Everyone knows that Virginia Beach is a wonderful place to live, but inflated car insurance prices makes it impossible to affordably insure vehicles.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Dodge Nitro insurance in Virginia Beach
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Nitro insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Regrettably, most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Virginia could cut their rates by almost 45% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies.
Quoting and buying the cheapest insurance policy in Virginia Beach is not as time-consuming as you think. In essence, every driver who compares rates for insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Although Virginia car owners need to learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
How much does Dodge Nitro insurance in Virginia Beach, Virginia cost?
Most companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. Comparing Dodge Nitro insurance rates online is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
Being able to quote online for Dodge Nitro insurance in Virginia Beach helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest payment.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Virginia. In order to find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save money with discounts
Some companies don’t list every possible discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better car insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Nitro can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below compares Dodge Nitro insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, homeowner, switch companies, mature driver, youthful driver, business and professional, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, federal employee, membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, newly married, new graduate, new move discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Dodge Nitro rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurance companies who offer online Dodge Nitro insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Insurance analysis for a Dodge Nitro
The price information displayed below highlights estimates of coverage prices for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better understanding of how prices are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$214||$404||$392||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$214||$404||$392||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$246||$404||$392||$24||$118||$1,184||$99|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$246||$404||$392||$24||$118||$1,184||$99|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$246||$404||$392||$24||$118||$1,184||$99|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$246||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,272||$106|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$246||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,272||$106|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$246||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,272||$106|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$246||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,272||$106|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$278||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Virginia Beach Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
Driver age impacts prices – Beginning drivers in Virginia have been known to be less responsible when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto your car insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
More policies can equal more savings – Most insurance companies will award discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Gender and auto insurance – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. They both are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Nitro insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rates increase with driving citations – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Dodge Nitro insurance rates for different age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.