Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
The recommended way to get discount Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies in Virginia Beach.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance in Virginia Beach. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for affordable policy in Virginia Beach is not that difficult. Consumers just have to know how to compare insurance rates on the web.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. To find the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Virginia Beach
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
If you are trying to find affordable Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area.
Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$194||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,046||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$194||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$194||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$194||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$194||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$194||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,130||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,130||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$216||$530||$328||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$216||$530||$328||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$216||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,152||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,152||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,152||$96|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Virginia Beach garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Compare prices but buy from a local Virginia Beach insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for local Virginia Beach agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Virginia Beach agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
The following are independent agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Wilson Insurance Agency, Inc
1127 Crystal Lake Dr – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 491-8953 – View Map
- Hampton Roads Insurance
633-D Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 285-4754 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are Virginia Beach exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
- Charlie Hendrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 523-4115 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Virginia Beach?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
How You Can Control Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
Bundle home and auto and save – Many companies give better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Job can influence rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like lawyers, business owners, and accountants tend to pay higher premium rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Save money by having good credit – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 by improving your rating. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
Insuring your Dodge vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Ram 2500 greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent and save
Cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Virginia is available on the following sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)