The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Virginia.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most Virginia insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Low Cost car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach could trigger savings on your policy.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Virginia Beach insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1899 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Persistent drivers can save
The cheapest Lincoln LS insurance in Virginia Beach is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many tips how you can lower your Lincoln LS insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)