Do you want more competitive car insurance rates in Virginia Beach, VA? Virginia Beach shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Ford F-150 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Virginia Beach insurance agents.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Virginia insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Virginia Beach can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers just have to know how to compare insurance rates from many different companies.
How to buy Ford F-150 insurance in Virginia Beach
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Virginia. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total F-150 insurance premium.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new F-150 may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, good student, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, multi-car, early shopping, mature driver, alternative fuel, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid in full, multi-policy, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, multiple vehicles, and group or association.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for vehicle storage, military installation, family discount, safe driver, and loyalty savings.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in Virginia Beach. To find providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, click here to view.
Rate information and statistics
The data table below covers a range of insurance prices for Ford F-150 models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$296||$312||$18||$94||$910||$76|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$378||$312||$18||$94||$992||$83|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$190||$378||$312||$18||$94||$992||$83|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$378||$312||$18||$94||$992||$83|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$190||$378||$312||$18||$94||$992||$83|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,020||$85|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$244||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$244||$378||$312||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$244||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$244||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$244||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$272||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$272||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$272||$542||$312||$18||$94||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific Virginia Beach garaging location which can change insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Ford F-150 insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Virginia. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of companies give lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Virginia Beach F-150 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Long commutes cost more – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated F-150 can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Ford. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Expect high rates for teens – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers tend to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below assumes a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford F-150 policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford F-150 – Insurers use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years