Do you want to save money by buying lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Virginia Beach? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Ford Five Hundred in Virginia can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Ford and get the cheapest rates either online or from Virginia Beach insurance agents.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest car insurance coverage in Virginia Beach is not as hard as you may think. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Virginia Beach
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Five Hundred insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, driver training, membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, mature driver, good student, air bags, paid in full, and student away at school.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, safety device, defensive driver, online quote, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Virginia Beach that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1899 – View Map
- Glandon Agency
212 87th St – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 422-6729 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get rate quotes.
- Brett Cambron – State Farm Insurance Agent
1485 General Booth Blvd ste. 114 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 499-0559 – View Map
- Larry Akers – State Farm Insurance Agent
928 Diamond Springs Rd Ste 131 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 497-3853 – View Map
- Mike McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 721-3300 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Virginia Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Virginia?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Ford Five Hundred Insurance Prices Can Be More Affordable
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Combine policies with the same company – Lots of insurance companies will give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford Five Hundred by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance coverage states the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Five Hundred may be wasting your money.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Virginia Beach Five Hundred insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford Five Hundred, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How to find a good Virginia car insurance company
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Virginia Beach. The company rank data shown next can help you decide which insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Be persistent and save
Cost effective Ford Five Hundred insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Virginia Beach
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Virginia.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)