Think you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Ford Taurus insurance in Virginia Beach is your goal, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the lowest rate possible on Ford Taurus insurance in Virginia Beach.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to find better prices using this information. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Virginia Beach can be made easier if you know where to look. But Virginia car owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
The cheapest Virginia Beach Ford Taurus insurance rate quotes
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Virginia. To find the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Taurus insurance, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Ford Taurus but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ford Taurus detailed coverage information
The premium information below highlights a range of coverage prices for Ford Taurus models. Being more informed about how policy rates are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$172||$306||$348||$20||$104||$950||$79|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$172||$352||$348||$20||$104||$996||$83|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$190||$352||$348||$20||$104||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location which can influence premiums noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Ford Taurus annual premium costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Taurus insurance premiums by gender
The information below compares Ford Taurus yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below compares Ford Taurus car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Taurus settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Taurus annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, teen driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple policy, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, good student, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, and multi-policy.
When getting free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policies in Virginia Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Virginia Beach car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Virginia Beach agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
Cheaper auto insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Virginia Beach auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Ford Taurus insurance prices in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to saving on Ford Taurus insurance in Virginia Beach
The preferred way to get budget Ford Taurus insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Virginia Beach.
- First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)