Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Virginia Beach drivers could save almost 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The easiest way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Virginia. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. We hope to let you in on how insurance works and also pocket some savings But Virginia consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does Virginia Beach Ioniq insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Filing insurance claims can increase rates – Companies in Virginia award the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons – Policies have add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Ioniq policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Where you live factors in – Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Certain jobs pay higher prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as actors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every policy discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Virginia Beach car insurance quote in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Ioniq insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these benefits are:
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in every state. For a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Virginia, click here.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Is pet coverage available?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Virginia Beach.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Virginia Beach can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide comparison quotes.
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 200-3183 – View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Stephanie Langkil – State Farm Insurance Agent
5441 Virginia Beach Blvd #115 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 499-3411 – View Map
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- Milt Rawles – State Farm Insurance Agent
5265 Providence Rd #200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 424-4656 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Hyundai Ioniq insurance auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Cheap Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.