It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who rate shop once a year will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Buick Rendezvous insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Virginia Beach.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Virginia Beach?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Virginia Beach?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
Virginia auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Virginia. The company ratings listed below can help you select which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%