If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Jaguar S-Type insurance in Virginia Beach is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Virginia.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are very likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Virginia Beach is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop for cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies provide a small discount shop Virginia Beach auto insurance on the web.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Virginia Beach drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Auto insurance companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Most agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you need to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Virginia Beach agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Bill Cooper Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
421 S Witchduck Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 490-2744 – View Map
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
- Stephanie Langkil – State Farm Insurance Agent
5441 Virginia Beach Blvd #115 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 499-3411 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
Virginia Beach Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
- Cheaper to insure gals? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Excellent credit saves on insurance – Having a good credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jaguar S-Type by improving your rating. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Virginia
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jaguar S-Type in Virginia Beach, buying car insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your S-Type, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Virginia is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much can you save?
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
You just learned a lot of tips how to reduce Jaguar S-Type insurance car insurance rates online in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)