The preferred way to find cheaper Kia Spectra insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Virginia Beach. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more details to lower rates and earn larger discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Spectra insurance in Virginia Beach
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Virginia Beach auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Virginia Beach can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, loyalty savings, good student, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, family discount, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, safety device, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, Switch & Save, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, switch companies, homeowner, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and pay in full.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good driver, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply in Virginia Beach. To locate companies who offer cheap Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Virginia, click here.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting Kia Spectra insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these factors. Getting online rate quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Virginia Beach streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to get a lower rate.
To use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local agents and car insurance
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Virginia Beach?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Shown below are agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Virginia Beach.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
Lower-priced car insurance in Virginia Beach is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Virginia Beach auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)