Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in Virginia.
- First, try to understand coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent insurance study discovered that 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Virginia being $1,200, drivers could save approximately 45% each year, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Virginia Beach can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Jaguar XK insurance in Virginia Beach is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details including whether or not you need a SR-22, if you went to college, if your license is active, and driver ages. The data is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Data for Jaguar XK insurance
The coverage information displayed next outlines a range of insurance rates for Jaguar XK models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are figured can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$632||$284||$16||$86||$1,274||$106|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$632||$284||$16||$86||$1,274||$106|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$276||$578||$334||$20||$100||$1,308||$109|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$276||$578||$334||$20||$100||$1,308||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Virginia Beach which can revise premiums substantially.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Jaguar XK insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Jaguar XK full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XK premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no written rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XK replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my Jaguar XK covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies?
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Virginia Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Virginia Beach car insurance agents
When researching a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Virginia Beach are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 460-6220 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Stephanie Langkil – State Farm Insurance Agent
5441 Virginia Beach Blvd #115 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 499-3411 – View Map
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
- Charlie Hendrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 523-4115 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Virginia Beach?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Budget-friendly car insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Jaguar XK insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)