I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, in particular when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates annually will most likely switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable Toyota Highlander insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
With people having so many different company options, it can be difficult for drivers to choose the right company.
Finding affordable coverage in Virginia Beach is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. In essence, every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have insurance should be able to find better rates. But Virginia vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons will enable you to find a better price.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table shown below covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Toyota Highlander models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$214||$392||$290||$18||$88||$1,002||$84|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$214||$392||$290||$18||$88||$1,002||$84|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$214||$392||$290||$18||$88||$1,002||$84|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$240||$462||$290||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$240||$462||$290||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$240||$462||$290||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$240||$462||$290||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$240||$462||$290||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in Virginia Beach location which can raise or lower coverage prices significantly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Toyota Highlander car insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The information below compares Toyota Highlander car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Highlander insurance in Virginia Beach
Companies don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, type of vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-car.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, accident-free, and business or organization.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Virginia Beach. To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Highlander
Even though Virginia Beach Highlander insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Highlander, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Virginia Beach is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Which car insurance company is best in Virginia Beach?
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Virginia Beach. The rank data below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information for Toyota Highlander insurance in Virginia Beach.
Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map