Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in Virginia being $1,240, drivers could save approximately 45% each year, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost Honda S2000 insurance in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare prices from providers in Virginia.
First, take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Best companies for Honda S2000 insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Learn How to Find Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The following are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your insurance policy shows the right rating data. Improper usage on your S2000 may be costing you.
Accidents drive up rates – Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Teenage drivers in Virginia are proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver to your insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Your gender affects prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurance companies will award better rates for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying from different companies
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Lower-cost Virginia Beach auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, good student, multi-policy, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- Nationwide includes discounts for business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, family plan, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, youthful driver, business and professional, mature driver, pay in full, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-car, Switch & Save, good student, defensive driver, claim free, good driver, and online shopper.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, and ease of repair.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Virginia, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Virginia?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Glandon Agency
212 87th St – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 422-6729 – View Map
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Best car insurance company in Virginia Beach
Insuring your vehicle with the top auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Virginia Beach. The ranking data listed below may help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Be persistent and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Honda S2000 insurance in Virginia Beach is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)