The recommended way to get discount auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Virginia. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Pacifica Hybrid coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Virginia can cut their rates by roughly 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
Finding a lower price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is take the time comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to different Virginia Beach agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Pacifica Hybrid are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Virginia is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Slash rates with these seven money saving discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- E-sign – Many car insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application digitally online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and good driver.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, good student, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Virginia Beach. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are Virginia Beach independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses such as prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/20 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $20,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.
Since many Virginia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Virginia limits are 25/50/20), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Pacifica Hybrid caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Pacifica Hybrid to bring the cost down.
One last thing about your coverage
We covered many ideas to reduce Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance prices online in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)