I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Virginia insurance shoppers could cut their rates by $500 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
How to find low-cost Ford F-350 insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Virginia Beach.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a substandard credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to get better rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Ford F-350 insurance in Virginia Beach.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Virginia Beach is actually quite simple. Drivers just have to understand the quickest method to compare company rates instantly.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Virginia Beach, VA. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-350 insurance in Virginia Beach
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total F-350 insurance premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used F-350 can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-350 insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Virginia Beach, click here.
Rate information and statistics
The price information displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Ford F-350 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$126||$228||$398||$24||$120||$896||$75|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$126||$228||$398||$24||$120||$896||$75|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$140||$194||$266||$16||$80||$696||$58|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$140||$228||$398||$24||$120||$910||$76|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$140||$264||$398||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$228||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$154||$264||$398||$24||$120||$960||$80|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$154||$264||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can alter coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
What Determines Ford F-350 Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Tickets drive up prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Combine policies and save – The majority of insurers apply better rates for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your F-350 is throwing money out the window.
- Get cheaper premiums if you’re married – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – Liability insurance is the protection if you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females have auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford F-350 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford F-350 insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Virginia Beach that can give you free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you want a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Virginia Beach independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have and cheap F-350 insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- If my Ford F-350 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Best car insurance company in Virginia Beach
Finding a high-quality car insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Virginia. The ranking data shown below may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart shoppers get results
There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach is available both online as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Ford F-350 insurance premium rates in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to find cheaper quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Virginia Beach
The best way to get low-cost Ford F-350 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper F-350 coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)