If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Virginia.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more information to get low prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Liberty coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower prices will presumably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared rates saved an average of $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Jeep Liberty insurance in Virginia Beach is your target objective, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Jeep Liberty insurance in Virginia Beach utilizes the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how much you drive, marital status, if a SR-22 is required, and types of safety features. Your details is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. In order to find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Protect your Jeep vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Liberty in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is required in Virginia but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Liberty with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jeep but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Liberty are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Data for Jeep Liberty insurance
The rate information displayed next covers different policy rates for Jeep Liberty models. Having a better understanding of how rates are calculated can be of help when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$148||$270||$270||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$170||$270||$270||$16||$80||$806||$67|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$170||$270||$270||$16||$80||$806||$67|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$170||$270||$270||$16||$80||$806||$67|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$170||$328||$270||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Jeep Liberty insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can raise Jeep Liberty yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Virginia. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Liberty book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
These five discounts can reduce Jeep Liberty insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for ease of repair, multi-policy, annual mileage, good student, anti-theft, professional/association, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, driver training, early bird, student driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including auto/life discount, multi-policy, early signing, 55 and retired, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Virginia Beach.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Virginia Beach.
By using this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Below are Virginia Beach insurance companies willing to provide price quote information for Jeep Liberty insurance in Virginia Beach.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/20 in Virginia), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Liberty from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Liberty to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/20 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $20,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like attorney fees, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Jeep Liberty insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is located below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)