The recommended way to find cheaper prices for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Virginia.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and poor credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more ideas to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to find and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Virginia Beach is not as time-consuming as you think. Drivers just need to use the quickest method to compare rates instantly.
Shop Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance online
Finding a better price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Virginia. To buy cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia Beach, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Virginia Beach, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Optima Plug-In Hybrid, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will one accident increase rates?
When researching a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Virginia Beach are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, hospital visits and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/20), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/20 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/20 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Optima Plug-In Hybrid caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Optima Plug-In Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.