It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more information to keep prices down and find missing discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A study showed that most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Virginia Beach could cut their rates by roughly 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
If you currently have insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding the cheapest coverage in Virginia Beach can be made easier if you know where to look. But Virginia consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell online and apply this information to your search.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Virginia Beach
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paperwork-free – Many auto insurance companies will give a small break for signing up over the internet.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Soul EV can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for renters, online quote, multi-policy, good student, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, new move discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, good student, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for paperless, anti-theft, company car, air bags, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in Virginia Beach.
How to compare free Virginia Beach Kia Soul EV insurance rate quotes
To get affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The simplest method to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Kia Soul EV insurance rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local agency. It is possible to comparison shop online and still use a local agent. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Virginia Beach Soul EV insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Virginia Beach Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Demanding occupation may mean higher rates – Occupational choices like fire fighters, police officers, and dentists have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Virginia give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Incidental coverages may be wasting money – Policies have add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of companies give better rates to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare Kia Soul EV rates in Virginia Beach to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- How much liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Avoid policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
What if I want to buy from local Virginia Beach insurance agents?
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Virginia Beach can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Virginia
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul EV in Virginia Beach, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Soul EV with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Kia and your assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Kia gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
In the end, you can save money
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, so get free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)