Are you irritated from being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other Virginia drivers.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often since prices change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Lincoln Continental insurance in Virginia Beach six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lincoln Continental insurance in Virginia Beach.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach can be easy if you know a few tricks. Vehicle owners just have to understand the best way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
How to get cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in Virginia Beach, VA
The companies shown below provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Earn discounts on Virginia Beach car insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, defensive driver, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
When getting free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Virginia, click here.
Three reasons to insure your Lincoln vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln Continental in Virginia Beach, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Continental, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Continental greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lincoln Continental is totaled?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Buying auto insurance from Virginia Beach car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get lower prices and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Virginia?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Virginia Beach?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?