The best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Virginia.
- First, try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives tips to lower rates and earn larger discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in Virginia could save about $500 a year, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Pricing the lowest cost car insurance in Virginia Beach is not as difficult as people think. If you are insured now or need new coverage, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. You just have to know the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Virginia Beach
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- College Student Discount – Older children living away from Virginia Beach attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A few companies that have most of these discounts are:
When getting free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Virginia Beach. To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Virginia Beach Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
Insurance rates and age – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually for lower cost passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
How credit history affects insurance premiums – Having a good credit rating is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have bad credit.
Gender and insurance coverage – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Virginia Beach.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach who may provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Virginia Beach?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought both online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)