Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rate quotes can help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Virginia Beach drivers could save themselves as much as $550 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
Steps to buying cheaper Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Virginia Beach
The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Virginia.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional tips to prevent high prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Raider coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Virginia Beach is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. All you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether you are married, driver details, and an estimate of your credit level. The data gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Virginia Beach.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow companies to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, good student, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies who offer online Mitsubishi Raider insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Raider in Virginia Beach, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Raider, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Mitsubishi. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Virginia?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local agents and car insurance
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has their agency been in business in Virginia Beach?
- Is there a local claims center in Virginia Beach?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Virginia Beach independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map