It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Nissan Armada insurance in Virginia Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Virginia. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about individual coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to find cheap rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,240, Virginia drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheap auto insurance rates.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Our goal is to let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Virginia drivers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get insurance quotes online. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, their quoting system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Getting online rates for Nissan Armada insurance in Virginia Beach streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this in order to find a better rate.
If you want to compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Virginia. To get cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance in Virginia serves several purposes
Even though Virginia Beach Armada insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Nissan and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Rates and statistics
The rate information displayed below outlines different insurance coverage prices for Nissan Armada models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are established helps drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Armada SE 2WD||$176||$306||$284||$16||$86||$868||$72|
|Armada SE 4WD||$176||$360||$284||$16||$86||$922||$77|
|Armada Titanium 2WD||$176||$360||$284||$16||$86||$922||$77|
|Armada Titanium 4WD||$176||$360||$284||$16||$86||$922||$77|
|Armada Platinum 2WD||$176||$360||$284||$16||$86||$922||$77|
|Armada Platinum 4WD||$196||$360||$284||$16||$86||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Nissan Armada insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Virginia Beach
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Armada auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Armada book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
These discounts can lower Nissan Armada insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring several vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Armada insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Armada insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Nissan Armada insurance quotes in Virginia, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Virginia Beach insurance agency
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Virginia Beach that may be willing to give price quote information for Nissan Armada insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
- Matt Abbott – State Farm Insurance Agent
4646 Princess Anne Rd #103 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1999 – View Map
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Ed Barnhart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5660 Indian River Rd #126 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0322 – View Map
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying your policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What if I total my Nissan Armada and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Best car insurance company in Virginia Beach
Selecting the top company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. The information in the next section may help you pick which auto insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
You can lower your insurance rates
Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Nissan Armada insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)