Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Virginia being $1,240, drivers can cut their rates by about $548 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
The easiest way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Virginia.
First, gain an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering Pontiac G5 insurance in Virginia
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Virginia. In order to find the best auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac G5 insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurers do not list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on G5 insurance in Virginia Beach.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Virginia Beach auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer online Pontiac G5 insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my Pontiac G5 qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Virginia Beach that can give you free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Virginia Beach agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
- Ed Barnhart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5660 Indian River Rd #126 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0322 – View Map
- Tim Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
700 Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 499-0550 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1899 – View Map
Once you have received good answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Virginia car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia Beach. The information in the next section can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
In the end, you can save money
Cost effective Pontiac G5 insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Pontiac G5 insurance auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)