Perplexed by the dozens of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You have so many options that it is a burden to find the best auto insurance rates for Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Virginia Beach. Everyone knows that Virginia Beach is an excellent city in which to live, but high auto insurance prices makes it difficult to afford enough coverage.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who rate shop once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Pontiac Grand Am insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Our objective is to tell you how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Virginia consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Best Pontiac Grand Am insurance price quotes in Virginia
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To buy the best auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Pontiac Grand Am insurance quotes in Virginia Beach
Some companies don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, emergency military deployment, air bags, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, annual mileage, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, defensive driver, multi-policy, and military installation.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online quote, good driver, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, teen driver, alternative fuel, mature driver, business and professional, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Virginia Beach.
The Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Premium Equation
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Getting married equates to better costs – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Pontiac Grand Am by improving your credit score.
- Premiums and your address – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Virginia Beach that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Virginia Beach can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Virginia Beach independent agents that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes.
- Rhonda Floasin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 Independence Blvd #214 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 363-7376 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
5269 Greenwich Rd # 200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 456-9440 – View Map
- Bill Cooper Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
421 S Witchduck Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 490-2744 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
How to find a good Virginia Beach car insurance company
Finding a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. The company rank data in the next section could help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can lower your insurance rates
We just covered some good ideas how to compare Pontiac Grand Am insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Pontiac Grand Am insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Low-cost Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased both online in addition to many Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Virginia Beach
Really, the only way to save money on Pontiac Grand Am insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)