It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop for lower prices will presumably switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance is the reason you’re here, learning the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide car insurance in Virginia.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Best Pontiac Solstice insurance rate quotes in Virginia
The following companies provide quotes in Virginia. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Pontiac Solstice Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Rates impacted by your city – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurance companies will award lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare Pontiac Solstice rates in Virginia Beach to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Pontiac from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Save mileage and save money – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Solstice may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage.
Extra coverages that may not be needed – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Save a ton on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Virginia Beach with these insurance discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some must be asked for before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers who offer discounts in Virginia, click this link.
When do I need to contact an insurance agent?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Virginia Beach that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Virginia Beach agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1899 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Virginia Beach exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Virginia Beach?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. But remember, policyholders can cancel your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way out.
Car insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Virginia Beach. The company information shown next could help you choose which coverage providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Quote often and quote early
Low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Virginia Beach is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Pontiac Solstice insurance premium rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)