The best way to get the cheapest Chevy Venture insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Virginia Beach.
- Step 1: Read about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that most consumers in Virginia have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers could save an average of about 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
Companies offering cheap Chevy Venture price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these nine Chevy Venture insurance discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your policy premiums.
To see auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance quotes from local Virginia Beach insurance agents
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Virginia Beach can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Virginia Beach who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Braun Agency Inc
6062 Indian River Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2060 – View Map
- Bell Insurance Agency Corporation
1501 Cornwell Ln – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes.
- Bill Cooper Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
421 S Witchduck Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 490-2744 – View Map
- Brett Cambron – State Farm Insurance Agent
1485 General Booth Blvd ste. 114 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 499-0559 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/20 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, court costs, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Venture to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Venture.
Due to the fact that many Virginia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Virginia limits are 25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird, hail damage, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for EMT expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Affordable insurance premiums are out there
When getting Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy Venture insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)