Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Virginia.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who rate shop once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your intention, then knowing the best ways to shop for auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
When comparing insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Suzuki, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Suzuki Aerio and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Virginia is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Virginia Beach?
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- E-sign Discounts – Many auto insurance companies will give a small break get Virginia Beach auto insurance digitally online.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Aerio insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, good student, business and professional, switch companies, and teen driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, accident-free, Steer into Savings, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, and business or organization.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia, click here.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What happens if I owe more than my Suzuki Aerio is worth?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Virginia?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Virginia auto insurance company ratings
Picking the highest-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The ranking information in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance