Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in America could save themselves as much as $860 a year, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The recommended way to get low-cost Chrysler Crossfire insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Virginia Beach.
First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to save money without sacrificing coverage. This article will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers only need to know the best way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Best companies for competitive Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Virginia
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save a ton with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Crossfire can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Virginia Beach can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, good student, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, good student, youthful driver, business and professional, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, teen driver, multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and company car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, bundle, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, annual mileage, good student, military installation, safe driver, and vehicle storage.
Before buying, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available everywhere. To find providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Chrysler. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Higher premiums for insurance lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Gender and car insurance rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. They both cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Save by driving safer vehicles – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chrysler Crossfire is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Even one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten multiple citations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Comparing prices from local Virginia Beach insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Virginia Beach.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you’re trying to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you should always get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quotes.
- Nicki Kopassis Insurance Agency Inc.
2433 N Landing Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 301-6397 – View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lovas Insurance Agency Inc
244 Mustang Trail #1 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-8310 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
- Rose Goheen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1112 Laskin Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 428-8002 – View Map
- State Farm: Pierre Granger
5705 Lynnhaven Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 962-2266 – View Map
- Milt Rawles – State Farm Insurance Agent
5265 Providence Rd #200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 424-4656 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Virginia Beach?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
As you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Chrysler Crossfire insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)