Are you researching low-cost GMC Terrain insurance in Virginia Beach? Searching for cheap Virginia Beach GMC Terrain insurance quotes might appear challenging for people who are beginners to quoting and buying their auto insurance online. With so many insurance agents and companies, how can people effectively compare every company in order to find better rates?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in Virginia could save up to $550 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on GMC Terrain insurance in Virginia Beach on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There are a lot of ways to save on Terrain insurance online, but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to save money.
Cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach, VA
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Virginia Beach, VA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Rates and statistics
The coverage table shown below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for GMC Terrain models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are formulated can help you make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Terrain SLE 2WD||$214||$392||$224||$14||$66||$910||$76|
|Terrain SLE AWD||$214||$392||$224||$14||$66||$910||$76|
|Terrain SLT 2WD||$242||$462||$224||$14||$66||$1,008||$84|
|Terrain SLT AWD||$242||$462||$224||$14||$66||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower GMC Terrain insurance prices for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Terrain insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Terrain car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Terrain book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on GMC Terrain insurance in Virginia Beach?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Terrain insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Virginia Beach may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Terrain car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- 21st Century discounts include good student, early bird, air bags, homeowners, driver training, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, safety device, DriveSense, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Virginia Beach. If you would like to view providers that offer discounts in Virginia Beach, click here.
How You Can Control GMC Terrain Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It may mean you are more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the GMC Terrain earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Better car insurance rates for uninterrupted coverage – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Insurance losses for a GMC Terrain – Insurers use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for GMC Terrain vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Terrain Vehicles Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Terrain 4dr 2WD 89 83 81 96 92 86 GMC Terrain 4dr 4WD 89 86 85 83 82 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a GMC Terrain?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Virginia Beach insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Paula Rosati – State Farm Insurance Agent
4221 Pleasant Valley Rd #108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 467-4300 – View Map
- Aubrey Pithwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
562 Lynnhaven Pkwy #201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 227-9700 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
- Hampton Roads Insurance
633-D Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 285-4754 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Virginia Beach. The ranking data shown next could help you select which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read a lot of ways to reduce GMC Terrain insurance prices online in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding low-cost GMC Terrain insurance in Virginia Beach
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable GMC Terrain insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Virginia Beach.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)