The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Subaru Tribeca insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional ideas to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Tribeca insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved about $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
Best Subaru Tribeca insurance prices in Virginia
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Subaru Tribeca models. Having insight into how premiums are figured is important to be able to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$134||$244||$262||$16||$78||$734||$61|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$134||$244||$262||$16||$78||$734||$61|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$150||$244||$262||$16||$78||$750||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Virginia Beach location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Subaru Tribeca insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Subaru Tribeca insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive formula that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Tribeca book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
Some providers do not list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Subaru Tribeca insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, multi-car, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly retired, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Subaru Tribeca insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click here.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Theft deterrents save – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
Avoid tickets and save – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one driving citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can influence Subaru Tribeca annual premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Virginia Beach insurance agents
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Virginia Beach who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Virginia Beach insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide free rate quotes.
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 460-6220 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jane Peak – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N Great Neck Rd #220 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 340-8060 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- State Farm: Paula Faivre
2052 S Independence Blvd #007 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 340-3999 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Upon receiving good feedback for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
We just presented many ideas to compare Subaru Tribeca insurance prices in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Subaru Tribeca insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)